Friday, October 17, 2008

This situation has moved beyond Asking Nicely.

Me: "You need to clean the kitchen. It's disgusting, and it's been that way for a week, and I cannot live like that."
CBW:* "Oh, yeah, I'll get to that, I thought I was doing a good job."
Me: "Well, you haven't. The countertops always have stuff on them, and it's gross."
CBW: "Well I've been extremely busy this week**, I'll get to it."
Me: "I've been busy, too, but I manage to clean up after myself and do my dishes."
CBW: "Well on that note, can you take out the trash that's been sitting in the hall for like a week?"
Me: "I'll get to it, but when you asked me before, Boyfriend and I were on our way out the door to go to my sister's birthday party and we had our hands full." (Seriously, I had my suitcase full of laundry, textbooks, a huge casserole dish of un-iced cupcakes, and two bowls of icing.)

(* = C---bag Whore)
(** = We are in all of the exact same classes.)


Interesting note: since I instituted the "all my stuff goes on a tray" policy, I can be 100% certain that the mess is completely hers. Like, α=0.

Also, from the original email:

"3.) I can be a very respectful flatmate. I do tend to be messy, but I keep the mess to my room, I keep the bathroom clean, and always wash my dishes (HATE seeing messy sinks)"

Really? You always wash your dishes? Because it sure looks like they just kinda sit in the sink, on every counter, and on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment