Sunday, October 12, 2008

War of the Kitchen

Made cupcakes last night for my sister's birthday.

I cleaned the kitchen before, i cleaned the kitchen after. I had two items that I wanted to let dry overnight because they were handwash-only and also way too big to fit in the dishwasher: the mixer bowl and the cupcake tray. I had placed them on a clean dishtowel which was placed on the clean counter and propped the items against the wall, where they remain today.

Also on the clean dish towel are a set of keys that do not belong to me or boyfriend. WTF. WHO DOES THAT?! Note as well that the dish towel takes up an area that is 12x18ish, and there is counter space all around it as well as hooks by the door for keys. argh.

Note: I am now referring to actions of that Creature That Lives in my Apartment in passive voice.

There are also tomatoes and like seaweed all over one segment of the counters, and I doubt it will be cleaned sufficiently when I get back from the birthday party that starts at 4.

I'm icing the cupcakes at my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment